Please Share Your Story. Make an Impact on Others.
As you are aware, the current limitations surrounding COVID 19 have impacted our ability to present the in-school Safety Smarts program as we have done in the past. During this time of limited face to face delivery, we are taking the opportunity to renew, adapt and improve our farm safety teaching tools. We are asking for your help identifying families who may have younger people, with personal stories, related to the farm safety topics listed below.
- Concussion/ Helmet Safety- head injuries incurred or prevented
- Safe Play areas – children near machinery/shop/bodies of water/animals/chemicals
- Quad, ATV, side-by-side, motorbike etc. use
- Water/Ice Safety – water and or ice experiences
- Grain Safety – near misses with moving grain
- Animal Safety- cattle, horses- charging animals, kicking animals, protective animals
- Machinery Safety- runover, entanglement, hearing damage, play mishaps
- Chemical Safety-mistaken ingestion, inhalation, absorption, burns
- Hearing Safety- Loud machinery, guns, music- causing hearing loss
- PTO/Auger Safety- entanglement danger